Our Live app for reporting catches during competition is available to download for free for several types of Smartphones.
The application is built to work on both iPhone/iPad and Android. Search for the word "Fishy Live" or download it via the direct links below:
Here's how to get started
- Download and install the app, links to android and apple are above.
- Log in to the app with the 8-digit competition code.
- When caught, open the app, take pictures, enter measurements and possibly Other information. Then press send.
- In the app you can see if the report has been received by the competition management and after a short while also if it has been approved or (horrible thought) rejected
• After registration (and possibly payment) for a competition you will receive a numeric code (Normally 8 to 10 digits) that you use to log into the app.
• Remember that each competition has its own code, so if you participate in several competitions, you must log out and log in to each competition with different codes.
• In some competitions, the competition organizer can also create a place for you/you in the competition manually, in these cases you will receive the login code directly from the organizer.
• Have you forgotten the code? The organizer can see all the codes in the participant list, so contact them, and you will get it again.
Some good tips…
• If you have a team competition, everyone in the boat can (and should) download the app and log in with the same code, that way you can take turns creating and submitting reports.
• Feel free to install the app on more phones if you run out of battery in one of them.
• It is not the 8-digit code you should use "in picture" when photographing the fish. Keep the code secret to yourself or within your team. In cases where the organizer applies a number or something else that should be shown on the reports, you will receive it separately.
Regarding GEO position and GPS
• Position is used by some events to ensure that all competitors stay within the approved area.
• Some (not all) competitions request GPS position when reporting a catch. This position is shared with the organizer only, not other competing teams/individuals. For details on the GPS policy, see the competition information.
• When you install and use the app, you must agree that it can collect your current GPS location.
• The photos submitted are already cleared in the app of all information about where the photo was taken (so-called EXIF information)